To romanticize your life means to design your life in such a way that it is beautiful, exciting, and new. This counts for even the mundane things that you do every day. It’s about creating a life that you look forward to.
You don’t need a big budget to romanticize your life. It can be small things, like putting a hot water bottle into your bed during the winter, so that it’s warm when you get in. If you like wine, it can be about pouring a glass of wine long before you plan to drink it, so that it can breathe. When people say that you have to start romanticizing your life, it simply means that you should create a life that is beautiful and special for you.
What does Romanticising your life mean?
- Romanticizing your life is about falling in love with your life.
- It’s about figuring out what YOU really love, then changing your life so that it is loveable to you.
- It is about prioritizing your needs, focusing on your own goals, then going to work on achieving them.
- It is about making a conscious effort to live a life that supports your aspirations, objectives, and purpose.
- Romanticizing your life is also about embracing changes, learning new things, and helping you grow into yourself.
- It’s about creating a life where even the smallest and most mundane things are beautiful, exciting, and new. By doing this, you are creating days to look forward to.
- In a sense, it is about practicing self-love.
How to Romanticise your life?
There are lots of small ways to romanticize your life. The goal is to create a life that you look forward to.
It’s important to keep in mind that how you choose to romanticize your life will differ from person to person. For example, relaxing with a book may sound like paradise to one person, but boring to another.
Ignore the idea that doing special things for yourself is wasteful or frivolous. For example, you will buy flowers for someone else – why not buy them for yourself? You straighten out your home before guests arrive, why not do it for yourself? You dress up for someone special, why not do it for yourself?
Include a lot of simple joys in your regular activities. After all, enjoying yourself is the key to falling in love with your life. Punctuating your days with small satisfactions will remind you that there is so much joy in the world.
Here are a few simple examples to inspire you:
- Buy presents for yourself.
- Surround yourself with things you love.
- Make time for yourself.
- Design your home with beautiful things.
- Make yourself the main character of your life.
- Savor your morning coffee.
- At least once daily, treat yourself to something you really enjoy.
- Make the best cup of coffee/tea you’ve ever had.
- If you love strawberries, cut them into hearts.
- Dress up your meals as if you’re eating at an expensive restaurant.
- Buy fresh flowers for yourself and arrange them tastefully.
- Dress in your favorite outfit, even if you’re alone.
- Put on matching, sexy underwear.
- Put on your favorite music and sing along.
- Take yourself on a date.
- Take a luxurious bubble bath.
- Dress up your morning beverage or nighttime cocktail.
- Tidy up your environment – not because guests are coming, but for you.
- Plan your best day.
- Burn the expensive candles.
- Diffuse some essential oils.
- Use the good plates/cups, fancy napkins, etc.
- Spend time with your favorite people.
- Do whatever makes you happy.